Despite being only 20 miles from the center of Chicago, the renowned architecture and historic downtown of Hinsdale provides residents with a quaint village that is both cozy and posh. Whether exploring the decorative main streets of the town’s center, or taking a 22-minute express train into the city, there is much to do for every visitor.
With such a gorgeous and accessible downtown, it’s no surprise so many people live in and visit Hinsdale every year.
Common Wildlife Headaches for Hinsdale
Unfortunately, it’s not just people who make their way to Hinsdale; the nearby parks and woods introduce wildlife and pests that may turn your home into their home. Some common Hinsdale pests include:
- Bees, wasps, and hornets– Bees, wasps, and hornets are common throughout Northern Illinois and nest in hollowed out tree cavities, holes in the ground, under patio umbrellas, or in sunny spots around Hinsdale homes.
- Chipmunks and Opossums – Chipmunks and opossums don’t pose the same threat of disease or injury that pests like wasps or rats do, but they destroy landscaping that surrounds Hinsdale homes, causing costly damage and ruining the curb appeal of your home.
- Mice and Rats – Mouse problems are common in most of Chicagoland, including Hinsdale. They are often found in pantries, basements, and kitchens where they can ruin food and spread disease.
- Squirrels– While squirrels prefer to live in wooded areas, they can be found in the attics of Hinsdale homes where they have plenty of shelter and nesting material.
- Skunks– In suburban areas such as Hinsdale, skunks prefer to live under stoops, sheds, and decks where they can dig out dens. We use the latest, most advanced techniques to remove skunks from your home or commercial property and specialize in the exclusion of skunks to prevent future issues.
- Woodpeckers – Woodpeckers can be a noisy disturbance that drives many homeowners mad. However, woodpeckers are a federally protected species. Harming a woodpecker without a permit can result in heavy fines or jail time. To rid your property of any species of woodpecker, you need to contact a federally licensed wildlife management firm, such as ABC Wildlife.
ABC Is Here to Help Hinsdale Wildlife Issues
If you are currently struggling with wildlife and pest control problems, call ABC Wildlife for help right away. Each member of our team is a trained professional, licensed in wildlife control by the State of Illinois. After 40+ years in the business, we use the most effective methods to remove wildlife, repair damage, and keep your home safeguarded against pests and wildlife. We’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Call us at (630) 931-2727 to learn how ABC Wildlife can protect you.
Our Hinsdale service area includes the following communities:
- Oak Park
- La Grange
- Glendale Heights