Seal Skunks Out
Skunk Proof Your Deck, Shed, Stoop and Foundation with Expertly Installed Animal Proofing
Skunks build burrows under stairs, stoops, decks, and sheds. They dig for grubs in the lawn leaving unsightly holes. Skunks also spray pets and carry diseases that are harmful to both people and pets. Anyone who has experienced a skunk problem would never want to repeat the experience.
ABC Wildlife resolves human-wildlife conflict across Chicago and the Chicago Suburbs by humanely removing skunks and preventing them from returning.
- We install underground barriers to prevent skunks from burrowing under homes
- We attach invisible animal-proof steel to patios to prevent skunks from entering
- We prevent skunks from digging under porches with skunk-proof materials
- We seal skunks out from under stairs, stoops, decks, and patios
- We deliver peace of mind
Skunks have their place in nature, not under your house.
Ready to Reach out?
Our experts are here to listen, understand your problem, and get you the help you need. Let’s talk.
I Appreciate Their Attention to Detail
“Robert and Don arrived exactly when they said they’d be here. Robert explained the work and the care they would take with plants that had to be temporarily moved. Meanwhile Don was getting all the equipment ready to start work. I was impressed with how they kept the dirt and debris contained. The placement of the screening is going to provide a barrier that will deter any burrowing animal. They replaced all the plants and dirt, and it looks great! I really appreciated all their hard work and their attention to getting things back exactly as they were. I can highly recommend them.”
What Happens When There’s a Skunk Under My House?
Skunks are such skilled diggers that they can dig burrows underneath sheds, stoops, decks, and stairs in no time. Once we’ve removed the skunks, their empty burrows are an invitation to skunks and other wildlife to move right in. Without our team’s expert animal proofing, you’ll have animals living under your home again soon.
We know exactly how to keep skunks out. Our team of skunk exclusion experts will imbed an underground barrier of animal-proof steel around your home, deep enough to prevent unwanted animals from returning.
What is a Barricade-Style Trap Set for Skunks?
As a science-based team with more than 40 years of experience, we’ve developed the best methods for removing skunks and keeping them from returning. When skunks have burrowed below someone’s home, a barricade-style trap set is often the best course of action.
There are three reasons why many homeowners prefer the barricade method:
- Having an underground barrier installed prevents skunks and other wildlife from returning, which creates a long-term solution.
- Since only the animals under the home can enter the trap, this method prevents non-target captures and tends to resolve the problem quicker.
- The barricade method is the most humane solution, because it prevents other animals from creating another nuisance situation and needing to be trapped and removed in the future.
Process for Barricade-Style Traps
Barricade-style trap sets are appropriate when there is a plan in place to seal skunks out permanently before the trapping process begins. Here is the process involved in a barricade-style trap set for skunks.
- A trench is dug and animal-proof steel is installed in the trench
- The burrow opening is left open, and a humane trap is placed right at the burrow opening
- The trap is tightly affixed to the surrounding buried steel to funnel the skunk right into the trap
- Once the skunk is captured, the area in front of the burrow is sealed to complete the invisible underground barrier
How Can I Get Rid of the Skunk Smell?
Once the skunk is gone, their smelly musk can linger. We apply a natural enzyme that dissolves the biological solids to help remove the unpleasant odors skunks leave behind.
Control Skunk Parasites
The smell isn’t the only thing that skunks leave behind. Their fleas, ticks, and other parasites also need to be controlled. We apply treatments to help control these ectoparasites.
Want To Get Rid of Your Skunk Problem? Contact the Experts
Skunks carry diseases that affect people and pets, including rabies, distemper, and leptospirosis. Don’t let skunks ruin your home, risk your health, and destroy your peace of mind. Contact our experts to seal skunks out.
ABC Wildlife Certified Experts Humanely Prevent Skunks From Returning
We solve every wildlife issue from A through Z. When skunks invade your home, we make solving your skunk issue and skunk proofing your property against future skunk issues as simple as A-B-C.
Every ABC Wildlife technician is state-certified. They are individually licensed to humanely trap and remove animals from your home or property, and specially trained in our proprietary methods to seal skunks out.
Our team of biologists uses the science of how skunks behave to humanely exclude them from structures. We get the job done quickly and get the job done right to keep your family safe.
Once the skunks are removed from your property, our team of structural exclusion experts uses skunk-proof materials to seal skunks out from under your home, stoop, stairs, deck, or shed.
Protect your property and your health from any wildlife or pests. Our experts are trained to give you peace of mind.