Illinois Woodpecker Control & Removal
Are there woodpeckers rapping noisily on or around your Illinois home or business? Are you finding holes in your siding or trees on your property? If so, we can help. These signs are strong indicators woodpeckers are living on or around your property. ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention has the experience, resources, and methods to control and remove woodpeckers from your property effectively.WARNING: Woodpeckers are a federally protected species. Harming a woodpecker without a permit can result in heavy fines or jail time. To rid your property of any species of woodpecker humanely, legally, and effectively, contact ABC Humane Wildlife Removal & Control at 1-847-870-7175 today.
There are seven different species of woodpeckers that are common to Illinois.
- Pileated Woodpeckers are the largest woodpecker found in Illinois. These birds average 16-19 inches long and are identified by the bright red crest atop the head and white patches under the wings.
- Northern Flickers are large woodpeckers that average 12-14 inches in length. They are identified by a batch of white feathers on the rump, a brown, striped back, and a red patch on the back of the head.
- Red-Bellied Woodpeckers are medium-sized woodpeckers that average 9-11 inches in length. A black and white striped back and a red patch on the head distinguish them.
- Red-Headed Woodpeckers are medium-sized woodpeckers that average 8-10 inches in length. As their name would suggest, they have solid red heads. They also have black backs and white undersides.
- Yellow-Bellied Sapsuckers are medium-sized woodpeckers averaging 8-9 inches in length. Yellow toned undersides, a red patch on the forehead, and a patch of white on the wings distinguish them.
- Hairy Woodpeckers are medium-sized woodpeckers averaging 8-9 inches in length. Their white backs distinguish them. Hairy Woodpeckers are similar in appearance to Downy Woodpeckers but are slightly larger with longer bills.
- Downy woodpeckers are small black and white birds approximately 6-7 inches in length. They have small bills. Males have a small tuft of red on the back of their head.
Woodpecker Habitat in Illinois
Woodpeckers are common throughout Northern Illinois. Some of the species listed above are migratory while others are full time residents of Illinois. Woodpeckers are common to the areas forests, orchards, and farms as well as urban, suburban, and rural areas.
Woodpecker Damage to Illinois Homes and Businesses
Woodpeckers cause damage to homes and business across Northern Illinois by drumming and drilling holes in siding, fascia boards, stucco, TV antenna, downspouts, and gutters. They engage in this behavior to attract a mate and to create homes in which to live.
In addition to the noise they create and the damage they do to homes, woodpeckers can cause significant damage to trees on your property, making them more susceptible to disease and insect infestation.
If a family of woodpeckers is nesting in your home, they may have gained entry directly into your attic space, which will create additional problems. Woodpecker urine and feces will create odor problems and disrupt the effectiveness of insulation.
Contact a Woodpecker Control & Removal ExpertCAUTION: Woodpeckers are a federally protected species. Harming a woodpecker without a permit can result in heavy fines or jail time. You should contact a professional woodpecker removal and remediation service as soon as you identify any potential woodpecker problem in or around your home. Call 1-847-870-7175 to talk with our friendly and helpful staff today. ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention has over 40 years of experience in humane woodpecker prevention and repair.
We have both the knowledge and tools to get rid of your woodpecker problem no matter how simple or complex. Every one of our courteous, professional staff members is trained in woodpecker removal and prevention techniques as well as how to identify woodpeckers and prevent future woodpecker damage to your home.
ABC Wildlife’s Northern Illinois Woodpecker Control Service Area
ABC Humane Wildlife Control & Prevention is an animal control and prevention provider based in Arlington Heights, IL. For over 40 years, we have served individual home owners, commercial business owners, property managers, and municipal customers dealing with woodpecker infestations and other property damage caused by woodpeckers. Below are some of the areas where we have helped customers deal with woodpecker problems in both homes and businesses. This list is not exhaustive. If you are located anywhere in Northern Illinois, please contact us today at 1-847-870-7175 and our expert animal control specialists will be happy to help.
Barrington Woodpecker Control
Buffalo Grove Woodpecker Control
Chicago Woodpecker Control
Deerfield Woodpecker Control
Elmhurst Woodpecker Control
Glen Ellyn Woodpecker Control
Highland Park Woodpecker Control
Hinsdale Woodpecker Control
Naperville Woodpecker Control
Northbrook Woodpecker Control
Oak Brook Woodpecker Control
Wheaton Woodpecker Control