Elmhurst’s Premier Wildlife and Pest Control Services
An affluent western suburb of Chicago, Elmhurst, IL is an ideal city for a family who wants to live near Chicago but not deal with the hustle and bustle of city life. Elmhurst has many attractions and entertainment options that mean every visitor will find something to do!
From the Elmhurst Historical Museum to the Elmhurst Symphony Orchestra, residents and visitors have endless opportunities to explore local culture. The Elmhurst Art Museum has been named the “Best Suburban Art Museum in Chicago” by Chicago Magazine, and it offers a variety of art installations as well as hands on activities for the entire family. An Illinois treasure, the Theatre Historical Society’s American Movie Palace Museum showcases precious objects from some of the great movie theaters of the 1920s.
While the theatre, art, culture, and parks make Elmhurst so attractive, there is one blemish on an otherwise lovely landscape: unwanted animals and pests.
Common Animal and Pest Control Problems in Elmhurst
The nature-rich sites in and around Elmhurst – like the Salt Creek, the Fischer Woods County Forest Preserve, the York Woods County Forest Preserve, and Helmut Berens Park – are home to a variety of wildlife species. When parks and rivers are surrounded by suburban development, animals and insects are likely to make their way into people’s homes. Common wildlife and pests found in Elmhurst include:
- Bees, wasps, and hornets– Bees, wasps, and hornets are common throughout Northern Illinois and nest in hollowed out tree cavities, holes in the ground, under patio umbrellas, or in sunny spots around Elmhurst homes.
- Chipmunks & Opossums – Chipmunks and opossums don’t pose the same threat of disease or injury that pests like wasps or rats do, but they destroy landscaping that surrounds Elmhurst homes, causing costly damage and ruining the curb appeal of your home.
- Mice and Rats – Mouse problems are common in most of Chicagoland, including Elmhurst. They are often found in pantries, basements, and kitchens where they can ruin food and spread disease.
- Squirrels– While squirrels prefer to live in wooded areas, they can be found in the attics of Elmhurst homes where they have plenty of shelter and nesting material.
- Skunks– In suburban areas such as Elmhurst, skunks prefer to live under stoops, sheds, and decks where they can dig out dens. We use the latest, most advanced techniques to remove skunks from your home or commercial property and have the tools to handle any skunk removal challenge.
- Woodpeckers – Woodpeckers can be a noisy disturbance that drives many homeowners mad – however, Woodpeckers are a federally protected species. Harming a woodpecker without a permit can result in heavy fines or jail time. To rid your property of any species of woodpecker, you need to contact a federally licensed wildlife management firm, such as ABC Wildlife.
Do any of these wildlife and pest problems sound familiar to you? Let the ABC Wildlife experts help!
Raccoon Removal Elmhurst, IL
A raccoon invasion on your property can cause a variety of problems. Raccoons, much likes squirrels and skunks, are extremely common in Elmhurst due to the forestry surrounding most suburban homes. ABC Humane Wildlife is the number one Elmhurst raccoon removal company to call to fix any raccoon problem in your home. You can call on us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and we will send a qualified, licensed technician to inspect your home and recommend a solution to your problem. Don’t hesitate to call us! We are here to assist you.
Unsure about whether you have a raccoon problem in your home? Hearing sounds? Scratching noises coming from your attic or garage? Let our experienced technicians diagnose your raccoon problem.
Elmhurst Bat Control and Removal
Bats are another common issue in Elmhurst. Bats will nest in the attic of homes creating a hazard to your family’s health and security. Whether you have bats in the living area of your home or in the attic, our Elmhurst bat removal specialists can assess and repair any animal damage, remove the bats from your home, and ensure that they cannot re-enter.
Call ABC Wildlife for Elmhurst Pest & Wildlife Control
You want a permanent solution to your Elmhurst wildlife control problem that’s safe for you and your family. That’s exactly what ABC Wildlife provides! We are available around the clock to help you solve your pest control issue, and since each of our experts is licensed in Illinois wildlife control, we can guarantee that we’ll provide you with thorough, professional service. Call us today at (847) 870-7175, and let’s talk about how we can solve your Elmhurst wildlife or pest control problem.
Our Elmhurst service area includes the following communities
- Oak Park
- La Grange
- Glendale Heights